Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Ocean at the End of the Lane

I only got a few chapters into this book, but already there's so much to talk about. First of all, if I didn't know that the main character was seven, I wouldn't believe that he was seven. The kid is way too smart to be a seven year old. I know this because I have 3 little sisters who are about that age. One of them is 3 grades ahead in math, and I can have full on adult conversations with her- sometimes, our conversations are more constructive than conversations I have with my own mother (sorry mom). Yet, the main character of The Ocean At the End of the Lane is STILL more intuitive than any seven year old I've ever met. So far, it seems to be a pretty classic innocent-child-on-an-adventure story with a darker twist. I wish the child had a name though. It's always a pet peeve of mine when the main character doesn't have a name. I think that a name says a lot about a character, and this character deserves a name. Since I haven't read too much of the novel yet, I don't have much else to say about it besides the fact that the writing style is really nice. Hopefully, I can go back to this novel later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home