Thursday, May 1, 2014

Still A Better Love Story Than Twilight



I read the first four Harry Potter books a few years ago, stopping after I finished The Goblet of Fire. In my opinion, Harry Potter really took off after the third movie. After that, Harry Potter took over the entire generation. I know for a fact that when I have kids, I'm going to read them the Harry Potter series as bedtime stories. I mean, here we are, years after the last movie was released, and it's still one of the most commonly posted topics on websites such as Tumblr and Imgfave. The Twilight phenomenon had its run, and was over quickly (thank god), and now it has been reduced to the butt of the internet's jokes every so often. Case and point:

I don't think you understand how hard I just laughed. These are hilariously accurate. However, the Harry Potter franchise is loved by everyone who has ever seen the movies or read the books. J.K Rowling influenced an entire generation of people, and molded the genre for the better. There's an entire section of Universal Studios dedicated to the franchise. Even Star Wars and Lord of the Rings don't have that! Hell, Universal replaced the Back to the Future ride years ago! As a huge fan of all of these classic, well known, and long-standing franchises, I find it interesting that Universal thought that Harry Potter was so influential and had so much longevity that they could dedicate a huge chunk of their theme park to a Harry Potter World.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home